It only takes a second for an inmate to change your employee’s life forever. Protect your staff and visitors today with panic button technology.
- Correctional officers have one of the highest rates of work-related injuries of all US workers.
- In 2011, correctional officers experienced 544 work-related injuries or illnesses per 10,000 full-time employees.
Work in correctional facilities is one of the most dangerous types of work in North America. In prisons, jails, halfway houses, juvenile facilities, penitentiaries, courthouses, and other correctional institutions, workers are subject to conditions that put them at risk every day, causing them to experience high stress and high burnout rates.
However, correctional workers are not the only ones at risk in a correctional facility. There is also a stream of professional visitors, lawyers, nurses, maintenance people, and volunteers who go behind your locked doors on a daily basis, sometimes unaccompanied.
Even though you already have an elaborate system of video surveillance, radio communication, and automatic door locks, inmates still manage to find ways to game the system. Giving your officers a panic button solution is just one more way to give them the peace of mind that they can instantaneously summon help at the press of a button.
Panic Button Solutions That Can Benefit You
- Increase the speed of response. Panic button technology can locate the precise site of a crisis–not one floor down or one room over.
- Alert the main controller without even the press of a button. Our transmitters can be upgraded with options to send a “man down” or “stopped moving” alert.
- Install quickly and easily. You don’t have the luxury of emptying rooms for a lengthy installation. Our battery-powered receivers are temper-proof and can be mounted on the wall in a matter of minutes.
- Reduce stress. Just the possession of a personal duress alarm can make a difference in lowering stress levels.
- Notify everyone who needs to know. Our main controller can be configured to activate sirens, strobe lights, alarms, emergency responders, and more.
Contact Securalert today to find out more about installing our dual radio/wireless panic button technology in your facility.