From kindergarten to college, your classroom teachers are your first line of defense for your students–but do they have the tools they need in an emergency?
- From 2013 to 2015, there were 160 separate incidents where a firearm was discharged inside a school building, according to Everytown Research.
- From 1990 to 2016, shootings at schools and universities in the United States resulted in 400 deaths and 180 injuries, according to the list on Wikipedia.
- From 2004 to 2008, there were an average of 714,860 violent crimes per year that took place in school or on school property, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics.
Teachers at both K-12 institutions and colleges or universities often feel helpless to do anything in the event of a school shooting, leaving the shooter free to control the situation and carry out his plans without interruption. When vulnerable children are in a room with one adult, that adult should be equipped with a mobile, wireless panic button that sends an instant alert and pinpoints the location of the crisis with 100% accuracy.
Benefits of Installing Securalert™ Panic Alarm Technology
- Teachers do not have to push a button in a hard-to-reach place, such as below a desk or on an adjacent wall. The button is hanging from their wrist or their belt.
- The transmitter vibrates to let the teacher know the signal has been received, giving the assurance that help is on the way.
- Your main controller can be configured to secure the building according to your policy, including alerting law enforcement, activating sirens and/or strobe lights, or automatically causing a lockdown.
- Parents have the peace of mind that the school system is being proactive about protecting children.
Panic Button Technology In Your Classroom
You wouldn’t build a school without a fire alarm, and in today’s world, your building’ shouldn’t be without a panic alarm, either. Unfortunately, many schools, colleges, universities, and other educational institutions do not find the budget for a panic alarm until after they have already experienced a school shooting or other serious emergency.
Don’t wait to protect yourself until after vulnerable lives have already been taken. Be the proactive school that preempts violent actions before they have a chance to escalate out of control. Contact us today to get started.